Pennies for Poverty
Pennies for Poverty: 2 Cents 4 Change, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit run by volunteer members of the community. With no paid staff or related expenses, we direct the full amount of your tax-deductible donation to fill the most urgent and important needs. We make very penny count.
Mission: Our mission is to reduce poverty and alleviate its devastating impact on individuals and families in the Greater Newburyport Area. We accomplish this by:
– Increasing awareness and educating about poverty in Greater Newburyport.
– Addressing urgent needs and supporting under-funded programs at local anti-poverty agencies.
– Organizing food drives to help stock the shelves of local food pantries.
– Improving the quality of food provided to those in need.
– Utilizing local farms, fresh fish stores and local business to achieve our goals and support the area economy.
Guiding Principles: Pennies holds itself to the highest moral and ethical standards; promotes and fosters understanding and awareness of poverty and related issues; keeps the goal of ending poverty forefront in making decisions and policies; works to create an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration within the Board as well as with the community at large; is open to new ideas and new initiatives that lift people out of poverty; is conscious not to initiate programs or events that could reduce funding or volunteering for the agencies who directly serve those in need.
Please consider joining our efforts to end poverty here in Newburyport. We need your ideas, your time and your efforts to make this new program work. For more information or if you would like to be involved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be added to our email list to receive our newsletters and announcements, please fill out this form.