Want to Know more about Pennies for Poverty?
Pennies for Poverty: 2 Cents 4 Change, Inc. was founded with the belief that if everyone in the community does a little to help those in need, we can substantially reduce poverty and improve the well being of all members of the community. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit run by volunteer members of the community. With no paid staff or related expenses, we direct the full amount of your tax-deductible donation to fill the most urgent and important needs. We make very penny count.
Mission: Our mission is to reduce poverty and alleviate its devastating impact on individuals and families in the Greater Newburyport Area. We accomplish this by:
- Raising funds to address urgent needs at local anti-poverty agencies.
- Increasing awareness and educating about poverty in Greater Newburyport.
- Helping people in need find ways of getting help through our mobile-friendly searchable online Resources Directory (resources.penniesforpoverty.org).
- Promoting volunteerism by advocating use of VolunteerMatch.org by local non-profits to publish their volunteer needs and publicizing its availability.
- Improving the quality of food provided to those in need by involving farms, fresh fish and natural food stores in our gift card program and distributing the majority of our gift cards during the growing season.
- Publicizing food drives and other local anti-poverty activities.
- Supporting local businesses by buying gift cards for donation to local anti-poverty organizations.
Guiding Principles: Pennies holds itself to the highest moral and ethical standards; promotes and fosters understanding and awareness of poverty and related issues; keeps the goal of ending poverty forefront in making decisions and policies; works to create an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration within the Board as well as with the community at large; is open to new ideas and new initiatives that lift people out of poverty; is conscious not to initiate programs or events that could reduce funding or volunteering for the agencies who directly serve those in need.
Please consider joining our efforts to end poverty in Newburyport and surrounding towns. We need your ideas, your time and your efforts to make this program work. For more information or if you would like to be involved, email us at email@example.com. To be added to our email list to receive our newsletters and announcements, please fill out this form. If you are an organization seeking funding, please use our Grant Application.